This was a revelation for me and I’ll never forget hearing the words for the first time. It’s so simple! But if you’re like me you can get caught in the trap of focusing on the exact opposite of what you really want.
Here are some quick tips to get you pointed back in the right direction:
1. Don’t use negatives in your language (spoken and unspoken). If you say “I don’t want to be stuck in this job anymore!”, then you are entirely focused on “stuck in this job”. The unconscious mind doesn’t process or register negatives in our language.
2. Create a compelling picture. I’m not talking about doodling, but if that works for you – go for it! What I’m talking about is visualizing a picture of you achieving what you want. Complete with sights, sounds and feelings. Once you are able to create that, you can better say it the way you want it!
3. Why? This is a crucial question. You have to know your “Why”. It is the reason you want something in the first place. It’s why it’s important to you. It’s your motivation! It’s what will get you out of bed, keep you taking steps forward and moving towards what you want when you really don’t feel like it. What’s your why?
4. Where are you now? You have to know where you’re starting before you can know HOW you’re going to get there. Be realistic and aware of what may slow you down and have a plan to address it. Maybe you have a weight “donation” goal and fitting in exercise isn’t easy. You’ll want to address that obstacle in your planning.
5. Write a goal. Take all of this, pick up the pen and write a goal. You can have a vision board, mantra or affirmation that you carry as well, but first write it all down so you have the clarity you need to create a 2016 that exceeds your expectations!
Until next time, here’s wishing you the clarity you deserve!