Contrary to what you were told when you were growing up, it is perfectly acceptable to quit! You are doing things every day that are holding you back from the momentum, success and confidence you desire in your Career or Business and I want you to quit right now! Yes, you heard me right – I want you to QUIT!
Here are 10 things that are holding you back from getting what you want out of YOUR career or business and it needs to stop!
- Quit focusing on what is wrong. If you are always focusing on what is going wrong, you are actually looking to bring more of the same to you. What you look for you find. Start focusing on what is going right, and even better, start focusing on what you want to happen.
- Quit thinking you have to do it all by yourself. When you most need help is when you are most likely to start beating yourself up because you can’t figure it out. That’s the exact time you need to reach out to someone in your “tribe” for a helping hand. Two heads are better than one and you will feel so much better having shared your burden (and no it doesn’t become their burden).
- Quit comparing yourself to others. Everyone gets to where they need to go in their own way. What works for someone else may not work for you. Comparing yourself to someone else in business or career is like comparing apples and oranges. No one has the exact same set of circumstances. Pay attention to what is working for you and do more of it.
- Quit feeding your brain CRAP! The health and fitness industry is worth billions of dollars. Everyone knows they should eat right, exercise, get sleep, etc. But what are you feeding your brain? What do you watch? What do you read? What do you listen to? Nourish your mind by learning something new.
- Quit wasting your time. I hear so many women say they work so much to get ahead that they don’t have time for anything else or any sort of balance. Pay close attention to where you’re spending your actual time? Social Media? TV? Chatting at work? Be focused with your time and use it on what is most important to you.
- Quit the competitive mindset. Have you ever heard the saying “A rising tide lifts all boats?” When women step on, undermine, sabotage, or compete with other women, we all lose. When women start to truly support other women, regardless of the outcome, is when strides for true equality will finally take off by leaps and bounds. Besides, if you see a woman who is in a place where you want to go and you put her down (even in your own mind), then you’re not ready.
- Quit doing it the same way when it’s obviously not working. There is more than one way to accomplish anything. If what you’re doing isn’t working be open to another way. Brainstorm with a friend or ask your tribe for suggestions. #ItShoudlFeelGood
- Quit blaming someone or something else for you not getting what you want. If you are blaming someone or something else (i.e. boss, circumstance, parents, life altering event, etc.) as the reason for you not getting what you want in your career, then you’ve just given away all of your power. You’ve become a victim. I know you’re smarter than that. #TakeBackYourPower
- Quit meandering. When I finally got that my mindset was the biggest thing holding me back in my career and life, it was a game changer. I was meandering up and until that point. Now I live my life with intention and I know I’m truly responsible for the progress I’ve made and also the setbacks I’ve endured. You have far more influence than you know. First, however, you’ve got to know what you want. Have a goal, a plan, direction or strategy.
- Quit playing small. We shrink because we don’t want people to think we are “too big for our britches.” We don’t want to make it all about us. We don’t want to make others feel bad. If you don’t embrace what is truly inside of you, and you diminish your capacity. You are disrespecting yourself, the people you were put on this Earth to help and the higher power who put you here (whether that is God, The Universe, The Collective or whatever you choose to label it). #PutOnYourBigGirlPanties
Until next time, here’s wishing you the clarity you deserve!