December is one of those months that causes us to get efficient! In addition to what is normally going on, you now have the activities of the holidays. That can mean anything from shopping, baking, wrapping, gathering with family, and possibly friends to having your entire routine interrupted with everyone else’s holiday focus. Maybe it’s a little bit of each?
Regardless, the New Year is looming ahead and getting closer by the day, and if you want to start on the right foot professionally (…and personally),
In the first article of the Move into the New Year in High Gear series, you were asked to focus on your accomplishments. You can catch the process I shared in that article here. Today, I’d still like you to concentrate on this year and tap into the significant events that happened with these 3 insightful questions.
- What was the BEST day this year?Consider a specific day and exactly what happened. Write down a description of the events of the day. How you felt, what you were doing on that day, and your actions led to this happening. Think about what you can put in place to replicate this happening again. Brainstorm what you can do to bring more experiences like this into the upcoming year.
I think back to June when my grandson was born, and it was the same weekend I was in a professional business retreat. The joy I felt at his birth…for my son having his first son, was overwhelming but in the best way! These feelings caused me to really evaluate the busyness of my business and how I spent my time. It caused me to really examine what I wanted to create that was purposeful, and that led to the launch of my quarterly 3-day immersive retreats to get my clients’ career results – fast – because time is important!
- Conversely, what was the WORST day this year?When you do, you also want to consider how much control you had over it happening. Sometimes circumstances are beyond our control, AND usually, there is still a pearl of wisdom in it. Think about how you felt, what specifically happened on that day, and what your actions led to this happening. Think about what you can put in place to make sure this doesn’t happen again. Brainstorm what you can do to make sure there are fewer experiences like this in the upcoming year.
My lesson on the worst day came as a result of a bitterly hard morning in April. It was one of those days where you wake up on the “wrong side of the bed.” The day went from off, to bad, to the worst in a very short time. It seemed like no matter what I did; it didn’t pan out the way I wanted it to. The day was the opposite of the Midas touch, and everything I touched went to crap. I felt like I was failing, I felt like there was nothing I could do to fix it, and I felt alone. It’s funny these lies that we tell ourselves, and sometimes we need to get to this point to see a way out. My lesson was that I was the only complicit in creating this hideous day, and I was the most in my own way.
I want you to know that no matter where you are in the spectrum between best and worst days, you have the answers you need inside of you to create the sort of success that you deserve in the coming year. Sometimes though, it helps to have someone else guide you through the process to tap into your own answers. If that’s the case for you, I’d love for you to join me for my Move into 2021 in High Gear workshop on December 16th. Here’s what you can expect in this 2-hour workshop:
- A clear vision with a customized roadmap just for you going into 2021
- Enhanced productivity with processes for better performance!
- YOUR “pit crew” to help you achieve success without sacrifice
- The confidence that comes with knowing you’re going in the right direction for YOU
Oh, and did I say a signed copy of CLARITY: How Smart Professionals Create Career Success on Their Terms? Yep, that too!
Head to www.IDeserveClarity.com to get your tickets.
Until then, here’s wishing you the Clarity you deserve!