The Power of Gratitude at Work and Why You Need It!
Yes, it’s that season where you hear so much about Gratitude and being more grateful. But what if it actually gives you an advantage as a woman in business or an emerging leader who aspires to leadership? It does, and here’s why!
Gratitude is a resource that everyone has access to but that too many overlook. But, I know you’re a smart cookie and want to use all the tools at your disposal to create more success in your leadership and life.
- Gratitude is a tool that can allow you to feel happier (and doesn’t your day go better and faster when that happens?).
- It is an endless resource that allows you to deal with challenges and adversity better and with more Clarity (isn’t that something you’d like more of?).
- It even can improve your health, reducing your stress and anxiety…and it’s FREE!
Gratitude is simply when you acknowledge the goodness in your life, even when some of that goodness comes in the form of a tough lesson that is designed to show you to your next level of leadership or life! It is remembering to reorient your thinking to kindness, yes, to others, but if I know you at all, it’s mainly to remember kindness for yourself! Gratitude is finding every way you can to simply be thankful.
So if it’s so simple, why does Gratitude work? Essentially, it’s our brain releasing dopamine and serotonin when we practice Gratitude, and it makes us feel good from the inside out. So we are creating our own happiness from the inside and not relying on anyone or anything else.
So what are some of the easy ways that you can create more Gratitude at work? Great question!
You can strive to thrive with five!
Can you incorporate five acknowledgments of Gratitude in each workday? Here are some ideas to get you going. Can you be grateful for
- What you get to do?
- A job you love?
- The people you get to work with?
- The income you provide your family?
- Someone who helped you out recently?
- A mentor?
- A sponsor?
- A promotion?
- The feedback that helps you to improve?
- The clients you have?
- The members you get to serve?
- The opportunities for growth and advancement?
- The meaning you have in your role?
- The satisfaction you feel when you show up?
- The challenges you face that allow you to uplevel?
- Someone who checked in on you recently?
- Remembering to check in on someone else – because they need it?
- Great coffee in the breakroom?
- Working from home?
- Working in the office again?
- The sun shining today?
- Whatever minute, tiny, insignificant good things you can think of?
You get the picture. Whatever you can come up with and acknowledge with Gratitude is a win! Please share a comment below and let me know what you are grateful for in the work you do. Inquiring minds want to know!
Until the next time, here’s wishing you the Clarity and the Gratitude you deserve!
If you are a woman who
- knows the value of being supported by others, and wants to help them in return,
- knows that an outside perspective is necessary,
- is willing to do the work,
- wants more Clarity on the next steps, next level, or next chapter of your career, business, or leadership journey,
…then, I’m inviting YOU into the community.
My vision is to help women uncover their brilliance inside themselves, tap into the confidence that’s waiting to emerge, and claim what’s next for them.
If you’d like to get Clarity on what success means for you and discover the path, you’ll take to get there.
If you’re ready to stop making the sacrifices of your family, your relationships, and your health to achieve this “success,” then join me in The Clarity Community. Check out the introductory offer HERE.